Debit Notes are used when:
You as a buyer:
- Are returning goods received incorrect or faulty goods
- Were overcharged by the supplier
You as a seller:
- Undercharged the customer
To create a Debit Note, follow the following steps:
- Go to the Accounting Tab.
- Click on Debit Notes and click on Create to go to the Create Debit Note page.
Create a Debit Note on this page. Indicate the Contact, the Debited Account, and the Debited amount. You can also indicate any applicable taxes.
- Select the Contact that is involved and the Account involved in the transaction.
- Indicate the amount to be Debited and any applicable taxes.
- Click the red SAVE button to create your Debit Note.
- To use the Debit Note, go to a Bill from the Contact you created the Debit Note for to apply the Debit Note to the Bill.
A pop-up will appear showing the Debit Notes under the Contact associated with the Bill. Type the amount you are using from the Debit Note and click Save to apply the changes.
7. In the Bill itself, select the 'Apply Debit Note' button at the top right of the page.
8. Input the amount you wish to Debit.
9. Click Save to apply the Debit Notes.
Have any additional questions? Check out our FAQ here.
You might also find these articles useful: