Bills are created to reflect your expenses incurred from buying tangible items such as your products, or from other miscellaneous things, such as buying computers for your office use. It is also used to record the purchase of intangible items from your supplier, such as services. The Bill is given to the customer by the supplier.
Creating a Bill on the Deskera Books allows you to track your expenses efficiently, and it also serves to restock your inventory for physical Products.
How do I create a Bill?
To start, follow these steps:
1. Click the Buy Tab on the sidebar.
2. Select the 'Create' button and click on the 'Add Bill" button.
Create New Bill
Below window will appear where you need to fill in the required bill details,
3. Select your supplier’s Contact - Learn more about creating Contacts here.
4. Indicate the Bill Date and due date at the center of the page.
5. Select the Products that you have purchased, their quantity, and any discounts and taxes applicable.
6. You can also indicate if the unit price of the Product is inclusive of TAX by ticking the box 'Unit price is Tax Inclusive'.
7. For Tracked Products, the number of products purchased will update the stock count in our inventory management system.
8. Once finished, you can click the SAVE button at the top right-hand side of the page.
Do note that you can always search for the Bills of your contacts by entering their name and even the document number on the search records fields. Click on the Filter button to filter the Bills document based on dates. Deskera Books users can export the Bills Summary List and saved them as PDF, Excel, and even CSV files.
Congratulations! You have successfully created a Bill.
Have any additional questions? Check out our FAQ here.
You might also find these articles useful: