As explained in the short article What is an invoice? we will delve into the purpose of an invoice to business owners. Invoices are very crucial documents that record sales transactions a business makes with its customers.
Some reasons businesses use invoices are stated below:
- To keep track of the company's sales target on a daily, monthly and yearly basis
- To request payment from clients based on the payment schedule
- To track inventory stock more efficiently
- To record business revenue
- To forecast future sales and expected revenue
You might find these articles useful: