An Invoice is a commercial document issued from a seller to a buyer indicating the list of products/services rendered. It also presents the products/services' respective costs. Any Tracked Products sold will reduce the stock inventory recorded in the system.
On the New Invoice page, you will need to indicate the Contact that you are selling to, the Products that you will be selling, and their Quantity. You will also need to indicate any applicable tax and discounts.
- Go to the Sell Tab and click Create. Select Invoice.
- Select your customer’s company in the Contact field. If they are not an existing Contact saved in your Contact Master, you can also fill in their company details as a new contact. Click here to find out how to add a Contact into your Contact Master.
- Determine the invoice date and the valid date of the Invoice. By default, this follows the payment terms set for the Contact selected.
- Select the products ordered by the customer and indicate the product description, quantity, and additional tax wherever applicable. If the product you wish to include does not exist in the Product Master database, you may add a new product from this page.
- Indicate if the products' unit price is inclusive of GST (7%)
- Save the Invoice by clicking the 'SAVE' button at the top right-hand corner of the page.
Do note that you can always search for the invoice of your contacts by entering their name and even the document number on the search records fields. Click on the Filter button to filter the invoice document based on dates. Deskera Books users can export the Invoice Summary List and saved them as PDF, Excel, and even CSV files to their desktop.
Congratulations! You have successfully created an Invoice.
Have any additional questions? Check out our FAQ here.
You might find these other articles useful:
How do I convert an Order to a Bill?