The Bulk Import function makes product listing more convenient if you have a large volume of products to be listed onto your Deskera Shop.
To start, enter your Deskera Shop and visit the ‘Product’ page.
- Download the Sample File
The Sample File provides a template to guide you on the details to input for your products.
- Click on ‘Import Products’
- Click on ‘Download Sample File’ to download and open the excel template.
- Filling up the Sample file
The fields in the Sample File is similar to adding a Single Product.
Add in all relevant product details and take note of these mandatory fields:
- Product Name
- Model Name or Number
- Meta Title
Things to note:
Filling up Category
- Referring to the Sample Import file, click on the ‘Category’ tab
- Similar to adding Single Product, choose the most relevant category and input its code onto your category field
- For example, if you choose ‘laptop,’ the L1 and L2 categories - ‘Electronics’ and ‘Laptop and Computers’ will be tagged too
Filling up Manufacturer
- Referring to the Sample Import file, click on the ‘Manufacturer’ tab
- Similar to adding Single Product, choose the most relevant manufacturer and input its code onto your manufacturer field
Adding Manufacturer and Category codes into Sample Import File
- Importing the completed Sample file
After completing and saving the sample file, you may either drag it into the import box or browse for the sample file to be uploaded.
- Successfully uploaded Sample file
If the fields mentioned above are correctly entered, the import will be successful.
Your inputs in this file will be recognized, mapped accordingly and shown in your Shop.
A report will reflect if the import is successful.
Do note that duplicated products will only be imported once onto your Shop.
Next, learn how to bulk import product images.