Expense is an outflow of money to a person, group or financial institution for purchasing goods and services.
Aside from creating a direct expense manually, Deskera users have the flexibility to create a pre-payment in the system. Pre-payments are any future expenses that you paid in advance but they are not used up or expired yet.
To create a pre-payment expense, follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Go to the Accounting tab on the sidebar menu.
- Click on the Expense Tab.
- Click on the dropdown arrow next to the 'Create' button on the top right of the page.
- Next, click on the pre-payment button.
Select the pre-payment button.
Fill in the fields on the pre-payment page.
5. Fill in the contact, choose the account to pay from, and the payment date. If you select a cheque or bank, you will need to fill in the reference number and reference date.
6. Next, select the account related to the expense, the amount, and tax applied if.
7. Fill in a short description of the expense in the memo box at the bottom of the page and click Save.
8. To apply the pre-payment to your vendors, go to the Buy Module.
9. Click on the specific Bills and on the Bill page, select the Apply Pre-payment button.
10. A pop-up will appear, fill in the amount you wish to pay in advance. The amount here is based on the total amount you've indicated in the Expense Module previously.
11. Once done, click on the Pre-pay button and the amount in the Bill will be adjusted.
In the next article: Learn more on What is the purpose of Credit Note?