When a customer purchases products from you via online shopping, you have to deliver the goods to them. In order for the products to reach your end consumers or suppliers, businesses will need to provide delivery services. Some businesses offer delivery service for their customers and charge an additional fee for the transportation fees. Every country has different rules and regulations when it comes to the distribution of goods.
In India, it's compulsory for businesses to generate a document known as the E-Way Bill before the commencement of the goods. Of course, there is one main criterion to generate the E-Way Bill. Businesses who are distributing goods greater than INR 50,000 for both, single invoice or multiple invoices, in a single-vehicle, are required to register for the E-Way Bill.
There are two ways to create E-Way Bill on the Deskera Books The first method to create an E-Way Bill is as follows:
- Under 'Sell' tab on the side-bar menu go to the ‘Invoice’ button on the sidebar menu.
- Click on the three vertical dots on the preferred invoices.
- Select the E-way bill button. You will be directed to the E-way Bill page.
- In the E-way Bill page, fill in the transaction details:
- Document type (auto-populate)
- Contact (auto-populate)
- Invoice (auto-populate)
- Date (auto-populate)
- Transaction type; Select the type of transaction from the drop-down
- Transaction sub-type; Select the type of transaction from the drop-down
- Product details reflected as per the information in the invoice.
- Click on the ‘Manage Transporter’ button to add a new transporter:
- Fill in the transporter name and transporter ID >> Click on the ‘Add’ button.
- Next, select your preferred transporter and enter the total distance in km.
- Select the mode of transportation to deliver the products:
- Road: Fill in the vehicle type, vehicle number, transporter document number, and transporter document date.
- Rail: Fill in the bill of lading number and bill of lading date
- Air: Fill in the airway number and airway bill date
- Ship: Bill of Lading number and bill of lading date
Once you have created an E-Way Bill from the Invoice tab, you may check the document being shown in the E-Way Bill Module. In the E-Way Bill Module, users can create a new eWay Bill here as well by clicking on the 'Add eWay Bill' button at the top right of the page. Follow the steps as mentioned above.
Congratulations! Finally, you have successfully created an E-Way Bill on Deskera Books.