If you have accidentally created a Bill capturing the wrong products ordered from your supplier, don't fret!
Just like Orders, Bill documents are also editable. You can also perform various other functions, such as Copy and Print! Check out the steps below on how to access these functions for your Bill.
The Contextual menu of the selected Bill often hides various useful functions such as Edit and Copy.
1. Go to the Buy tab and click on the Bill which you need to Edit and copy. You should be able to see the selected Bill's details.
2. Click on the contextual menu click you will see Bill setting options in the right side of the Bill page.
3. Select the options you wish to perform:
- Do note that you can only edit Bills that have not recorded any quantity of Products received, or any amount of Payment made.
- Click ‘Edit’ to edit the following fields: Product, Description, Quantity, Unit Price Discount, Bill Date, Due Date, Receive In, Tick /un-tick the Tax-Inclusive Checkbox.
- You can also Delete the product indicated at the line level by clicking the bin icon under Amount(SGD) field.
- Remember to click Save to save any changes made.
- Click on ‘Copy’ to create a duplicate Bill in the system.
- This will bring you to a page auto-filled with the same details as the selected Invoice.
- You may choose to make any edits if necessary before saving.
- Click ‘Print’ to open a new tab and view the selected Bill in PDF format.
Is there a Delete Function?
Unfortunately, there is no Delete function for Bills. However, you can use the Close function to mark Bills as Closed. This shifts the selected Bill to the Closed tab with the status 'Archived'.
Bills with status 'Canceled' can be reopened by using the Contextual menu within the Closed tab, and clicking 'Reopen'.
Do note that Bills that you have paid for completely and marked as received are also moved to the Archived tab. However, these Bills are marked as 'Complete' instead of 'Canceled'.
Click 'Reopen' to push the selected Canceled Bill back to Bill Tab.