Once you have signed up to the Bookkeeper system, the next thing you have to do is to add your Client in the system.
Using the Deskera Bookkeeper system you can add clients in the system. To add a new client, follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Clients tab on the sidebar menu
2. Click on “+Add Client” which will direct you to the Add Client page
3. Fill in the client details as required:
- First Name - Client’s First Name
- Last Name - Client’s Last Name
- Email address - This must be a unique email that is not present in the system
- Contact number - This must be a unique mobile number that is not present in the system (This field is optional).
4. Once the above-mentioned client details have been filled and verified, you can proceed to fill up the client’s organization details by clicking the “Add Organization” button. This button will only appear after the successful validation of both the email address and mobile number.
5. Once you click Add Organization, a side dialog with the organization form will be triggered. Fill up the organization form as shown, and click Save. Once you have indicated the organization details, you are unable to change them, so make sure it is correct before saving!
6. Click the Next button which will take you to Step 2, which is the Team Access section.
7. The Team Access step will appear differently, depending on your account’s access levels.
- If you are logged in as the Bookkeeper Owner or a Teammate with Team Management Edit access, you will see the list of your active team members in the system. This step allows you to allocate client access to your Teammates.
- If you are logged in as a Teammate with either Team Management View Only access, or no access at all, you will not be able to allocate access to other Teammates. However, you (the person inviting the Client) and your Bookkeeper Owner will automatically get access.
Click Save & Next to proceed to Step 3: Subscription Details.
8. In Subscription Details, you can select if your Client's subscription type is Bookkeeper Pays or Client Pays:
- If your Client's subscription type is Bookkeeper Pays, your client's subscription will be billed to you and you are required to fill in your card details in Step 4 Checkout.
- If your Client's subscription type is Client Pays, your Client is responsible for their own subscription payment, and you will not have to fill in your card details in Step 4. The subscription plan can still be selected during the creation of the Client, but you as a Bookkeeper will be unable to view the subscription details when Editing the client's details.
9. You can determine your Client’s subscription plan and if it is to be charged on a monthly or yearly basis. Pick the preferred billing frequency and the subscription plan that your Client wishes to start with.
10. You can also choose to apply a prepaid coupon if you have one. Applying a prepaid coupon will follow the plan tagged to the coupon instead of the selected subscription plan, and the creation of the Client will occur immediately upon confirmation of the coupon.
11. Click Next at the bottom of the screen after you have selected a subscription type and subscription plan to move to the next step - Checkout.
12. If you have previously selected the subscription type as "Client Pays", there is no need for you to fill up your card details. You can click Save to create the client and skip to Step 14 of this article.
13. If you have selected the Subscription Type as "Bookkeeper pays", you will see the selected plan’s details on the right-hand side. Fill in your credit card details and billing address, and click Checkout once you are done.
- Under Billing Details section fill in your card details
- Under Billing address section fill in your billing address which is required to verify your card details
- Tick if you want to make this as your billing address
- Apply for promo code if applicable
If your is card is validated successfully, you will see a pop-up message saying that the payment was successful.
14. Successful creation of a Client will direct you back to the Clients basket, with the added Client created as status Invited.
15. The Client will receive an email invitation to use Deskera Books once checkout is successful. Their account would be created based on the organization details you have indicated in the first step, with the subscription plan chosen in the subscription details step.
16. The bookkeeper admin, the creator of the client (if not admin), and the teammates who have been granted access can access the client’s Deskera Books account immediately through the organization switcher on the top left-hand side of the page.
You might find these articles useful: